The mission of SAVE is to prevent suicide through public awareness and education, reduce stigma and serve as a resource to those touched by suicide.
Brain illnesses such as depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia or other mood or anxiety disorders, when left untreated, unfortunately may also result in suicide.
The brain as an organ can get sick, just like other organs in the body. SAVE is committed to educating the general public about depressive brain illnesses, the symptoms, possible causes and the need for professional assessment and treatment. By educating the general public about these illnesses, treatment is encouraged, and the stigma associated with suicide and brain illnesses is reduced or removed.
SAVE’s prevention and education programs are designed to:
- Increase knowledge about depression, other brain illnesses and the need for assessment and treatment as suicide prevention.
- Increase knowledge about symptoms of depression and the warning signs of suicidal thinking and behavior.
- Increase understanding and the use of intervention skills that can help avoid the tragedy of suicide.
- Increase knowledge about community resources and how to access and use them.
- Since anyone radically different from you inevitably won’t act right (like you), you get a priceless opportunity to see your biggest hot buttons as you react
- Instead of dwelling on your growing feelings, move to a de-escalating action and leave room for everyone, especially the person in the wrong, to save face and self-correct
- Clickbait works for a reason: Because people click on it
- Everything that happens in the material world is created first on the level of thought
- If you are a commodity service, clients will want to pay as little as possible, and you won’t be able to make a living.
- If we see Cuba as a representation of our essential human need for connection, it’s clear that loving and leaving someone still happens in person
- Natural Language + Artificial Intelligence / Languages
- You may find glorious freedom on the other side of a decision
- You have nothing to lose
- Anything that tears at the moral fabric of our nation will in fact weaken us, not strengthen us
- Ready to Turn the Page to the Next Chapter of the Life You Want to Live Now?
- If we can get to the point where advertisers can actually know who they are communicating with, perhaps our advertising ecosystem will evolve to a place where it adds value to consumers’ lives on a regular basis, as opposed to interrupting and annoying us all day long…
- Martin Luther Wuz Here
- Tech Literacy: It’s more than just “teach kids to code”
- Is social enterprise a palliative?
- WordPress Olympians
- While the ego would argue that there’s a different kind of love for different kinds of relationship, the spiritual basics of relationship are the same no matter what form a relationship takes
- Arguments for + against Proprietary Publishing Platforms
- Experiencing People, Shared / Mutual / Compassionate Experiences + Work Relationships
- We talk about – Why do happy couples…
- Will the Labour new economy be people-centred?
- In Memoriam: Chuck Mullenweg
- Innovation Expert Series: Shiftgig
- Do you want what wants?
- I know there’s no such thing as a status quo
- Will you still accept me, love me and find me desirable if you know me?
- Like Rachel many women need to start by…
- #Social #Media #Gurus
Tagsad ads advertising albums blue Branding business com communication community concept culture design dream education Google Identity information internet jazz life literacy marketing media nature online org passion portrait publishing reading reflection relationship relationships retard media rock self sex social media success tips Uncategorized water web women
- Entre Chat
- Patch Board