- Every Last Jedi
- Since anyone radically different from you inevitably won’t act right (like you), you get a priceless opportunity to see your biggest hot buttons as you react
- Instead of dwelling on your growing feelings, move to a de-escalating action and leave room for everyone, especially the person in the wrong, to save face and self-correct
- Clickbait works for a reason: Because people click on it
- Everything that happens in the material world is created first on the level of thought
- If you are a commodity service, clients will want to pay as little as possible, and you won’t be able to make a living.
- If we see Cuba as a representation of our essential human need for connection, it’s clear that loving and leaving someone still happens in person
- Natural Language + Artificial Intelligence / Languages
- You may find glorious freedom on the other side of a decision
- You have nothing to lose
- Anything that tears at the moral fabric of our nation will in fact weaken us, not strengthen us
- Ready to Turn the Page to the Next Chapter of the Life You Want to Live Now?
- If we can get to the point where advertisers can actually know who they are communicating with, perhaps our advertising ecosystem will evolve to a place where it adds value to consumers’ lives on a regular basis, as opposed to interrupting and annoying us all day long…
- Martin Luther Wuz Here
- Tech Literacy: It’s more than just “teach kids to code”
- Is social enterprise a palliative?
- WordPress Olympians
- While the ego would argue that there’s a different kind of love for different kinds of relationship, the spiritual basics of relationship are the same no matter what form a relationship takes
- Arguments for + against Proprietary Publishing Platforms
- Experiencing People, Shared / Mutual / Compassionate Experiences + Work Relationships
- We talk about – Why do happy couples…
- Will the Labour new economy be people-centred?
- In Memoriam: Chuck Mullenweg
- Innovation Expert Series: Shiftgig
- Do you want what wants?
- I know there’s no such thing as a status quo
- Will you still accept me, love me and find me desirable if you know me?
- Like Rachel many women need to start by…
Tagsad ads advertising albums blue Branding business com communication community concept culture design dream education Google Identity information internet jazz life literacy marketing media nature online org passion portrait publishing reading reflection relationship relationships retard media rock self sex social media success tips Uncategorized water web women
- Entre Chat
- Patch Board
Tag Archives: Branding
In this week’s RE:INVENTION Expert Series interview, we discuss innovation and the short-term gig economy with the CEO of Chicago startup Shiftgig. Continue reading
Over the last decade, the Social Media industry birthed many groups to serve content providers. The birth of the social media industry resulted in many realize that the audience gave way to participants. Nearly everyone is now creating sharing, chatting, rating and ranking alongside the mainstream media. Just as we saw in the social media […] Continue reading
a brand is nothing more than a cup you fill with meaning later http://battellemedia.com/archives/2015/01/three-golden-rules-naming-something.php I agree — except I would add that a brand not only is empty and meaningless now, but will remain so forever. It is more like an “ID tag” — like your social security number or some other “unique identifier”. The […] Continue reading
To me, just one question matters when it comes to a publication and whether it has a chance of long term success: Is it a must read? http://battellemedia.com/archives/2014/12/media-must-succeed.php This relationship (the “must read” obligation) is also the way many people feel about the “Dot Com” top level domain. I agree that for commercial activity (i.e., […] Continue reading
let’s start with a successful experience that is media – American Express’ Open Forum http://battellemedia.com/archives/2014/09/every-company-experience-company.php If open.com were a place where I could find information about “open”, an “open” experience, open commerce, or something like that — and if I were interested in that topic, then I agree: It would be something I would regard […] Continue reading
“As long as the secret courts are making sure the secret police obey the secret laws, our democracy is safe”
That quote is from a wonderful and entertaining presentation recommended by Matt Mullenweg. Some more “quoteworthy” quotes: The only way to keep user information safe is not to store it. These are all situations where users who were rigorous about keeping their online and real identity separate found themselves kneecapped by a service that suddenly […] Continue reading
Don’t get duped: Allowing that some people do not matter, as things are turning out, allows that other people do not matter and those cracks are widening to swallow up more and more people. Social enterprise is the first concerted effort in the Information Age to at least attempt to rectify that problem, if only […] Continue reading