- Since anyone radically different from you inevitably won’t act right (like you), you get a priceless opportunity to see your biggest hot buttons as you react
- Instead of dwelling on your growing feelings, move to a de-escalating action and leave room for everyone, especially the person in the wrong, to save face and self-correct
- Clickbait works for a reason: Because people click on it
- Everything that happens in the material world is created first on the level of thought
- If you are a commodity service, clients will want to pay as little as possible, and you won’t be able to make a living.
- If we see Cuba as a representation of our essential human need for connection, it’s clear that loving and leaving someone still happens in person
- Natural Language + Artificial Intelligence / Languages
- You may find glorious freedom on the other side of a decision
- You have nothing to lose
- Anything that tears at the moral fabric of our nation will in fact weaken us, not strengthen us
- Ready to Turn the Page to the Next Chapter of the Life You Want to Live Now?
- If we can get to the point where advertisers can actually know who they are communicating with, perhaps our advertising ecosystem will evolve to a place where it adds value to consumers’ lives on a regular basis, as opposed to interrupting and annoying us all day long…
- Martin Luther Wuz Here
- Tech Literacy: It’s more than just “teach kids to code”
- Is social enterprise a palliative?
- WordPress Olympians
- While the ego would argue that there’s a different kind of love for different kinds of relationship, the spiritual basics of relationship are the same no matter what form a relationship takes
- Arguments for + against Proprietary Publishing Platforms
- Experiencing People, Shared / Mutual / Compassionate Experiences + Work Relationships
- We talk about – Why do happy couples…
- Will the Labour new economy be people-centred?
- In Memoriam: Chuck Mullenweg
- Innovation Expert Series: Shiftgig
- Do you want what wants?
- I know there’s no such thing as a status quo
- Will you still accept me, love me and find me desirable if you know me?
- Like Rachel many women need to start by…
- #Social #Media #Gurus
Tagsad ads advertising albums blue Branding business com communication community concept culture design dream education Google Identity information internet jazz life literacy marketing media nature online org passion portrait publishing reading reflection relationship relationships retard media rock self sex social media success tips Uncategorized water web women
- Entre Chat
- Patch Board
Tag Archives: publishing
Even if only a few people use precise words, employ thoughtful reasoning and ask difficult questions, it still forces those around them to catch up. It’s easy to imagine a slippery slope down, but there’s also the cultural ratchet, a positive function in which people race to learn more and understand more so they can keep […] Continue reading
Many of the world’s finest athletes — from Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt to American tennis player Serena Williams — publish with WordPress. With the Rio 2016 games upon us, we turn to Olympians, Olympic hopefuls, and elite athletes who have blogged over the past year about the joys and challenges of competition at the highest level and … Continue reading WordPress Olympians → Continue reading
Via Ma.tt: 🙂 Here are just few other considerations for any proprietary platform: Can your content be easily exported from the platform if you decide to stop using it, or if they decide to pivot? Can you collect email subscribers, and can they be easily exported from the platform should you decide to move? Can […] Continue reading
My father, Chuck Mullenweg, passed one week ago today. After over a month in ICU he had just been transferred to long-term acute care in a different hospital and we were looking forward to a tough but steady road to being back home when he took an unexpected and sudden turn. I’ve started and stopped … Continue reading In Memoriam: Chuck Mullenweg → Continue reading
I totally agree with Matt on this:
This interview with Chief New York Times Editor Dean Baquet is remarkable
To me, just one question matters when it comes to a publication and whether it has a chance of long term success: Is it a must read? http://battellemedia.com/archives/2014/12/media-must-succeed.php This relationship (the “must read” obligation) is also the way many people feel about the “Dot Com” top level domain. I agree that for commercial activity (i.e., […] Continue reading
The aim of the Animal Consciousness Foundation is to change the attitudes of humans towards other species. […] Our concrete goals are as follows: To write magazine articles and books. To translate those articles and books into as many languages … Continue reading →
John Battelle continues his series on deep linking between apps: http://battellemedia.com/archives/2014/09/lessons-mobile-deep-dive-quickening-is-nigh.php What I find odd about this line of thought is that it seems to overlook why many publishers invested so much in app development: In order to provide a path to exclusive content. If it were as easy as 1-2-3 to jump into such […] Continue reading
In short, we are the reason native advertising exists. We’re the reason cat videos on YouTube are popular. We’re the reason that in depth journalism is becoming an endangered species. On that note—I’ll end here before I hit 500 words. Because you won’t read more. http://davidarmano.com/logic_emotion/2014/05/native.html Continue reading