- Every Last Jedi
- Since anyone radically different from you inevitably won’t act right (like you), you get a priceless opportunity to see your biggest hot buttons as you react
- Instead of dwelling on your growing feelings, move to a de-escalating action and leave room for everyone, especially the person in the wrong, to save face and self-correct
- Clickbait works for a reason: Because people click on it
- Everything that happens in the material world is created first on the level of thought
- If you are a commodity service, clients will want to pay as little as possible, and you won’t be able to make a living.
- If we see Cuba as a representation of our essential human need for connection, it’s clear that loving and leaving someone still happens in person
- Natural Language + Artificial Intelligence / Languages
- You may find glorious freedom on the other side of a decision
- You have nothing to lose
- Anything that tears at the moral fabric of our nation will in fact weaken us, not strengthen us
- Ready to Turn the Page to the Next Chapter of the Life You Want to Live Now?
- If we can get to the point where advertisers can actually know who they are communicating with, perhaps our advertising ecosystem will evolve to a place where it adds value to consumers’ lives on a regular basis, as opposed to interrupting and annoying us all day long…
- Martin Luther Wuz Here
- Tech Literacy: It’s more than just “teach kids to code”
- Is social enterprise a palliative?
- WordPress Olympians
- While the ego would argue that there’s a different kind of love for different kinds of relationship, the spiritual basics of relationship are the same no matter what form a relationship takes
- Arguments for + against Proprietary Publishing Platforms
- Experiencing People, Shared / Mutual / Compassionate Experiences + Work Relationships
- We talk about – Why do happy couples…
- Will the Labour new economy be people-centred?
- In Memoriam: Chuck Mullenweg
- Innovation Expert Series: Shiftgig
- Do you want what wants?
- I know there’s no such thing as a status quo
- Will you still accept me, love me and find me desirable if you know me?
- Like Rachel many women need to start by…
Tagsad ads advertising albums blue Branding business com communication community concept culture design dream education Google Identity information internet jazz life literacy marketing media nature online org passion portrait publishing reading reflection relationship relationships retard media rock self sex social media success tips Uncategorized water web women
- Entre Chat
- Patch Board
Tag Archives: Uncategorized
Traditionally, conservatives have focused on issues of private morality and liberals have focused on issues of public morality.
Blog Post: On Public Morality
Writing of her secret life as a prostitute, a blogger with the pseudonym Belle de Jour had a backstory worthy of a movie script. In fact it was turned into a Showtime TV series. She wanted to have a satisfying next chapter of her life story so she wrote about it. You see, in real life, she was “a respected specialist in developmental neurotoxicology and cancer epidemiology.” Few of us lead a startling double life like her yet you, too, may want to play a new role in your life story, perhaps revealing some largely hidden facets to your character… Continue reading
Like media literacy or general critical thinking skills, we should provide this information as a necessary part of teaching students to understand the systems that run the world around them. It’s essential that concerns like ethics and systemic biases be incorporated into any education about technology systems. http://anildash.com/2016/09/its-more-than-just-teach-kids-to-code.html Continue reading
In the following interview with the late Pamela Hartigan, we may hear her question the effectiveness of social enterprise which requires it to be beholding to a sponsor.
Twice she uses the term palliative to describe how disruptors are rendered accountable to their contracter and risk being coopted:
As most will know , the Skoll Centre at Oxford which Pamela headed, is sponsored by billionaire Jeff Skoll, co-founder of Ebay
More than a decade ago, it was a Black Women’s group leader, Ruthie Gilmore of Incite! who drew our attention to the nonprofit industrial complex and how neoliberalims drives it. They had been unable to find a way to seed and propagate change that was autonomous. Hence – “The Revolution Will Not Be Funded”
“Noeliberalism is not new nice guys, it’s new mean guys”
it was on the Skoll Social Edge forum a decade ago, that advocates and practitioners for autonomous social innovation shared views on Profit for a Purpose
it came at a time when we’d completed our proposal for a ‘Marshall Plan’ for Ukraine, which included this quote from General George Marshall in 1947
“Our policy is directed not against any country or doctrine but against hunger, poverty, desperation and chaos. Its purpose should be the revival of a working economy in the world so as to permit the emergence of political and social conditions in which free institutions can exist. Such assistance, I am convinced, must not be on a piecemeal basis as various crises develop. Any assistance that this Government may render in the future should provide a cure rather than a mere palliative. Any government that is willing to assist in the task of recovery will find full co-operation I am sure, on the part of the United States Government. Any government which maneuvers to block the recovery of other countries cannot expect help from us. Furthermore, governments, political parties, or groups which seek to perpetuate human misery in order to profit therefrom politically or otherwise will encounter the opposition of the United States.”
As our late founder would point out in this paper. simply resolving the most urgent problems was not a permanent solution. we needed to think about how capitalism could be redirected for permanent change.
Rather than becoming a McKinsey consultant, I simply shared what we’d bewen doing for their Long Term Capitalism initiative, where Re-imaginging Capitalism – The New Bottom Line became one of the most popular contributions:
While the ego would argue that there’s a different kind of love for different kinds of relationship, the spiritual basics of relationship are the same no matter what form a relationship takes
Whether you’re my business acquaintance or a family member, the issue is this: Am I meeting you on the level of my personality, or am I extending to you the gift of my love? Am I here to judge you, or to forgive you? The answers will determine what happens next. Relationship Assignments Continue reading
Via Ma.tt: 🙂 Here are just few other considerations for any proprietary platform: Can your content be easily exported from the platform if you decide to stop using it, or if they decide to pivot? Can you collect email subscribers, and can they be easily exported from the platform should you decide to move? Can […] Continue reading
research shows you are most likely to look trustworthy to others and be liked if you first exhibit warmth and then competence, not the reverse.